the First President
In April 2007, it was converted into an independent corporate entity, "Hokkaido Public University Corporation Sapporo Medical University."
Chronology of Sapporo Medical University
- November 2008
- Center for Medical Education established.
- April 2007
- Transition to Hokkaido Public University Corporation Sapporo Medical University.
- April 2001
- Graduate School of Medicine reorganized to incorporate Departments of Community Health & Comprehensive Medicine, Molecular & Organ Regulation and Signal Transduction Medicine.
- April 2000
- Doctoral course for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy established in the Graduate School of Health Sciences（enrollment capacity is 6 students）.
- April 1999
- Information Center of Computer Communication established.
- April 1998
- Graduate School of Health Sciences（Nursing, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy） established（ enrollment capacity is 24 students）.
- April 1993
- School of Health Sciences （Departments of Nursing, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy） established to accept 90 students.
Chronology of Sapporo Medical College
- April 1983
- Junior College of Health Sciences affiliated with Sapporo Medical College opened.
- April 1979
- Divided courses（premedical and special courses）abolished.
- September 1968
- Marine Biomedical Institute established.
- January 1958
- Premedical course started.
- March 1956
- Establishment of the Graduate School of Medicine approved（enrollment capacity is 25 students）.
- September 1955
- Cancer Research Institute established as an affiliated research institution.
- June 1950
- Opening ceremony held（June 25 designated as the college foundation day）.
- April 1950
- Sapporo Medical College opened.
Chronology of Hokkaido Women's Medical College
- April 1945
- Hokkaido Women’s Medical College was founded.