The Graduate School of Medicine seeks individuals with the following qualities as a future medical researcher:
1. Individuals who are full of intellectual curiosity, a passion for scientific inquiry and creativity
2. Individuals who devote themselves to acquiring high levels of advanced knowledge and skills and have a desire to apply/develop their knowledge and skills
3. Individuals who are motivated to play an active role in medicine and possess a high sense of ethics
4. Individuals who have an international perspective and are willing to work on social and scientific issues
thesis/dissertation defense, and fulfill the following:
1. The skills and knowledge to plan and implement highly creative medical research
2. The leadership qualities to lead advanced medical research
3. A sense of ethics required for medical researchers
4. The ability to present research findings to the world
1. Acquisition of skills and knowledge required for implementing medical research
2. Development of problem-solving skills and leadership qualities through the provision of tailored guidance
3. Fostering of a sense of ethics through a variety of lectures and conducting research
4. Participation in international research and the sharing of the findings
Course Details (Graduate School of Medicine)
The master's course provides comprehensive education in advanced medicine to students other than Medical School graduates coupled to training in the many skills essential for professionals in medicine-related disciplines.
The doctor's course cultivates medical specialists who possess profound knowledge, scientific curiosity and an empathetic human nature. These individuals will lead future innovative developments in the medical sciences and clinical medicine. Two major courses are offered. "The Medical Science Research Course" aims to develop researchers or educators while "The Clinical Medicine Research Course" will produce the most advanced clinicians.
The Master’s Course
The Graduate School of Medicine established the "Master's course in Medical Sciences" in 2008. Its purpose is to produce superiorly trained professionals in a wide range of health-care related disciplines, including the legal and economic professions. These individuals will serve our regional society in the future. The course provides many compact but high-density lectures conducted by over sixty specialist instructors. Moreover, students will pursue their own research in a subject of their own choosing under the supervision and advice of the top-class tutorial staff. Students receive the title of "Master of Medical Science" after completing the whole course. After the graduation, they will either actively apply their profession in the medical-related areas of society, or some will proceed to the next stage, "The Doctor's Course of Medicine", planning to become researchers and educators.
Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine and Graduate School of Medicine offers an "MD/PhD program" which provides postgraduate education to undergraduates. Students enrolled in this program are able to engage in basic research from their second-year as a medical student. Thus, the program is a superb opportunity for bright students who aspire to become researchers into basic biomedical problems to accelerate their education.
The Doctor’s Course
"The Medical Science Research Course"
The search for new knowledge in the field of Medicine is unending.
This course will explore the mysteries of life and emphasize the excitement of medical research.
"The Clinical Medicine Research Course"
This course will train top-class clinicians to practice up-to-date evidence-based care employing their deep medical knowledge and using advanced special techniques, while respecting the rights of patients to be fully involved in decisions about their care.
The doctor's course of the Graduate School of Medicine consists of 3 fields, 11 domains and 55 subjects. Under these broad categories, students conduct their own research into a problem of their own choosing. The program has two major components, "The Medical Science Research Course" and "The Clinical Medicine Research Course", both provide professional training conducted by many experts covering a broad spectrum of topics, such as bioethics, regenerative medicine and many others. "The Medical Science Research Course" accepts a variety of students from broad backgrounds but the course is not limited to Medical School graduates, non-physicians can enter and conduct medical research with the goal of a career in basic research or biomedical education. "The Clinical Medicine Research Course" accepts medical doctors who have completed their initial clinical training, and the course develops their expertise in the most advanced aspects of clinical medicine. Both courses will develop medical professionals whose skills are based on a wide range of fundamental knowledge, and through their research experience .they will acquire life-long abilities in scientific, objective and logical thinking which will contribute to regional medical care.
Expand your horizons and join the global endeavor in biomedical research.